Resi does the math: How to estimate the total number of visitors

Resi does the math: How to estimate number of visitors

Have you ever wondered how you can determine the total number of visitors of your location / event?

We all can easily discover the peak number of visitors from the location list and the corresponding screenshots are gladly shared. But how many visitors were there during the whole evening? Nobody knows, but Gizmo.

At White Breeze we had a heuristic for this. But our dear Resi was not satisfied with this, so she sat down and put the whole thing on a mathematical basis.

So have fun with Resi’s calculation. Additions and improvements are of course always welcome.

How_to_estimate.pfd

6 thoughts on “Resi does the math: How to estimate the total number of visitors

• February 17, 2020 at 2:30 pm

Resi,

Bravo my dear!
    My inner engineer is giddy with delight over your model.
    My question is that the value of k can be dynamic across the total time T. How do you account for that?
    I think I’ll use this at the next Swing Set event,
    Math is hot and you are also, but that goes without saying.

I remain yours always, Plato

• February 17, 2020 at 5:04 pm

A fascinating paper! However, I’m not sure the assumption that the rate of people entering the room is constant over time is valid: rooms with few people in them attract few people, and unless it’s a well-known room, expected to be open at a certain time, it takes time to build up a certain “critical mass” (get high enough on the room list) in order to attract more people. Once critical mass is reached, often the room attraction rate will remain high simply by virtue of being “the fullest room”, so the attraction (and also attrition) rates are not constant over time.

I’m not sure how you’d model that and account for it, because I haven’t given it that much thought yet, having only just read the paper… Great work though, and a definite tickler for the brain! Keep it coming, I love this stuff! 🙂

• March 7, 2020 at 5:00 pm

You never factored in the online availability of regular members… if the regulars are only available at the start, then the peek time will be at the start, not near the end… the regulars always draw in the masses

but if the rumours are true about White Breeze, I don’t expect my comment be published..

• March 8, 2020 at 10:32 am

I actually don’t understand it: regular members of what?
      Resi’s calculations refer to a very normal 3DX event without any regular members or so. But maybe she will do an update and will include some of the hints given here.

Another question: which rumours? Better ask yourself who spreads this rumours and why. Doing this, you will get a hint on how true this rumours might be.

• April 29, 2020 at 7:31 pm

Hello

We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to list your escorts/business white-breeze.com with Glamour Escorts 69, a high-end global escort directory with a particular focus on the USA and UK. Glamour Escorts 69 has been featured in some of the leading newspapers and magazines such as Vanity Fair, Vogue, Tatler, Grazia, Allure, The Sun, Evening Standard and many others. Recently, we have partnered up with PeachesAndScreams.co.uk – the leading UK Sex Shop.

We receive in excess of 100,000 highly-targeted monthly visitors from the UK and USA predominantly looking to book an escort near them. We also run a very successful and active blog and send out regular newsletters which help to to achieve quality traffic.

You can list your business/escorts on Glamour Escorts 69 here: https://glamourescorts69.com/user/select-plan

We offer paid and free listing. The free listings will require you to add a reciprocal banner on your website.

Listing your escorts/agency is an excellent option for growing your site traffic and business, especially in the light of the fierce competition in the market and the advertising restrictions.

We look forward to seeing you onboard.

Best Wishes

Glamour Escorts 69 Editorial Team

• May 15, 2020 at 8:18 pm

Hi,

How are you doing? I aim to provide you a high quality, free of cost guest post article for your amazing website. I can send you some really great topic ideas for this purpose which would be relevant to your website niche for sure.

If my topic ideas happen to appeal you, I’ll send over the article. I would just need a backlink in return of the article. The backlink needs to be within the body of the article.

Please let me know your response to this, if I shall send topic ideas?

Looking forward.